Wednesday, October 29

October 29, 2008

Hello,

First of all thank you to all who donated to the Touched by Cancer Foundation. Our family, combined with the Mendenhall family raised $3,500 towards the cause and placed in the top "5" in the Hot Legs Competition. The experience was very rewarding, and we look forward to our next fundraiser.

Since my last post, our lives have become more fast-pasted. Brian combined football and soccer this fall. Getting from one practice to the other took some serious organization on the part of Mom & Dad. Of course Bonnie also juggles her activities and that left us going in two different directions a good part of the time. It has been a blast though watching them both grow in their sports and in every other way. They both seem to love middle school this year and they are getting along, with each other, better than ever!

We had our neighborhood halloween party last weekend. Its a whole different ball game now that the kids are older. Not so much family groups, as tweens and teens running around. There was a bit of fright to the evening and alot of fun. We ended up bunking 10 crazy kids for the night. About 3:00am I had to be the wicked witch and put an end to their boundless energy! I knew we would all have a better day with some sleeeeeep.

During the first part of October, I met my sister in Tucson, Az for our third annual girl's weekend. We traveled on to Patagonia, Az and to the Tree of Life Rejuvenation Center. It was awesome as always. We hiked, read, meditated, prayed and ate fabulous food. We had not seen each other since Thanksgiving, so it was a nice reunion.

Speaking of Thanksgiving, we are hosting the now annual Curley Thanksgiving here in Platte City. I believe my parents are coming, as well as, my sister Dee and her family. My brother Dave and his wife Tracy will be absent, as they are moving into their newly built home in Mishawaka.

This year is a year of milestones in my family. My brother, brother-in-law and my husband will all turn 50 within the next few months. My dad turned 70 this fall and my mother -in law turned 80. Also Napper & I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary and my sister and her husband celebrated their 20th this fall.

On November 18th it will be 3 years since I finished my lung cancer treatments. I am still "livingstrong", counting my blessings each and every day and so happy to be here to celebrate the milestones of the people I love. Many blessing to you and yours and for the special milestones in your lives.

Peace be with you,

love, Denise

No comments: