Friday, February 12

February 12, 2010






2010 is another big year. This year I will celebrate my 50th birthday and I WILL celebrate the five year anniversary of my lung cancer diagnosis. Wow! I met with my oncologist last week. She said, after my next scan and blood work this summer, she will cut me loose. I asked, What then.... she said, "you will live your life"...really...WOW!!!! I had never thought that far ahead, and quite frankly, I was blown away... in a very good way!!! Later that day in the grocery store as I pushed my cart around with my perma grin, believe or not, the song .."I will survive" was playing over head. It took every bit of composure I had to not dance and sing around the store with my cart. It made me laugh and it still makes me laugh to think about it. Of course when I told Brian & Bonnie about it later, they needed definite confirmation that I had not danced. Welcome to the world of teenagers. Ha Ha.

Life has been full these past months. Brian's participation in marching band and soccer kept us hopping this fall. Bonnie has been busy with competitive cheer team and dance. Her only day off is Friday. (ours too) So we do a lot of running. Thank goodness for carpools. Of course we always throw in plenty of travel to fill in the gaps. In November, my sister and I did our now traditional girls trip to Patagonia, Arizona and the Tree of Life Rejuvenation Center. It was great. Also that month, I was flown by husband Matt to Boulder, Colorado to surprise wife Nancy for her 50th birthday. I loved loved loved reconnecting with them and their family that weekend, as well as friend Sue Dickey. In December we drove to Minnesota and did double duty with a family wedding and Curley Family Christmas party. We had so much fun, and the timing worked out perfectly, because the next weekend K.C. was hit with a big snow storm and very frigid temperatures.

So far this year, we have managed to squeeze in a little travel. Napper and I took a quick trip to Puerto Vallarto, Mexico. We were there three full days. It was great to soak up the sun, read, listen to the ocean and breathe the salty, humid air.

Now looking forward to another road trip to Florida. Last fall, Napper purchased a "vintage"
motor home and we are going to drive it to Florida for spring break. We have reserved a camp site on the beach. Should be a riot. Walmart parking lots... here we come.

I continue to practice eating a raw, alkaline diet with lots and lots of organic green veggies. I feel great eating this way and continue to incorporate more of this way of eating into my kid's diets. They are very receptive. I hope to some day educate myself enough to be able to teach other people the benefits of this lifestyle. Exercise continues to be an important part of my routine. Recently, I was trying to help Bonnie condition and increase her stamina. She kicked my butt... and it turned out that she was the one pushing me. So okay, in my age group, I am in pretty good shape.

I have tagged on photos that journal our last months. Hope all is well in your lives. Thanks for caring about mine.

love, Denise


No comments: