Wednesday, November 3

November 3, 2010


When I started this journey five years ago, the odds were that I would not make it to my 46th birthday, let alone my 50th, but here I am healthy, thriving and hopefully contributing in a positive way. I am extremely grateful to continue my role as a wife and mother, most especially, and all the other hats I wear throughout the day. I have felt a an obligation to evaluate, understand, improve etc. myself over these past years. At first, I focused my efforts on improving my physical health through diet and exercise and though crucial to my well being, are only a part of my mission. The past couple years I have felt a need to reconnect with my past. I have met with people from my childhood, had reunions with family, classmates, and friends. I have consciously put energy into healing pain I had stuffed from years past. Let me tell you, If you have never taken that time for yourself, I highly recommend it. It is very freeing!

Thank you for your support, prayers, encouragement, faith and love over these past five years. I am truly blessed.

Most sincerely,

Denise

P.S. I have posted two pictures from days gone by, my kindergarten photo, and a photo taken (1990) by my grandmother of me and my devoted buddy of 16 years ..Kelly

No comments: