Wednesday, October 12

Denise Curley

Wednesday October 12th

Hello, I am tolerating the treatments very well so far. I have had waves of nausea and some acheness, but overall pretty good. My biggest problem is just esophageal pain. The radiation hits a good part of my esophagus and I am starting to feel those effects. I have however figured out how to minimize the pain with eating and have not missed any meals so far. I have always eaten too fast and too big of bites and I am learning to slooooow down.

My chemotherapy is every 21 days. The infusion takes about 24 hours. My next one will be October 28th. Today will be my 13th radiation tmt. I will finish my 35th tmt on Nov. 11th. A few days after that and before my 3rd chemo tmt we will do more scans to see the status of the cancer. If it is in complete remission we will stop tmt, if it is partial remission we will continue tmt., and if there is no response we will stop tmt and do something else.

I have been exercising and I think that helps alot. I have also been practicing yogo and listening to healing meditation tapes. These tapes and the yogo both work on breathing exercises which I think are very beneficial, especially with lung disease.

I have plans to work Friday and Monday and I look forward to that. I am reminding myself to take one day at a time. I am trying to slow down and enjoy the moments. All the wonderful meals have freed us up to spend more time together and we truly value that time.

Thank you for all you do! We are so grateful.

Love,

Denise

No comments: