Wednesday, September 14

Denise Curley

Wednesday, September 14th

My Vanderbilt appointment is set for Sept. 28th. It will just be a morning flight down there and return the following afternoon. My dad will meet me down there and drive me where I need to go. So that gives me two weeks to organize things and get ready for the Chemotherapy and Radiation therapy which I assume will start Monday October 3rd.

I have not gotten results on my bone scan yet!. I feel great. I plan to go back to work on Friday and I plan to continue to work as much as possible. My Oncologist said there is no restriction on working as long as I feel up to it. I want to thank everyone for all the encouraging e-mails, cards prayers and positive thoughts. It is so comforting. We remain optimistic and are hoping and praying for a long remission.

Thank you so much,


Denise & Napper

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Denise,so glad to hear your feeling great!Stay strong!!!We are praying positive thoughts for you.Thats great you are going back to work. Thats also good news you have a Vanderbilt appointment. All our love, Shannon,Diane,Sarah,and Ike

Anonymous said...

Denise,
I'll introduce myself as Karen's aunt...the one who covets and adores the photographs you have taken of Derek and Kailey. You have a real talent for capturing their spirits.

Karen shared your story with me tonight. I wanted to let you know a couple of things. First, I can second the opinion someone else voiced about how good Vanderbilt is. A friend underwent some testing there when she was going through her struggle with cancer. She had nothing but good things to say.

Second, I live in Memphis, but have a cabin midway between there and Nashville. So it's only a hop, skip, and jump for me to get to Nashville. If you need anything at all while you're there (i.e., if your Dad can't make it and you need a driver...or whatever), I could assist you. Karen speaks so highly of you that I feel comfortable in making that offer. In other words, I really mean it!

And now...advice from Aunt Kerry: Keep strong in your resolve, surround yourself with people who maintain positive thoughts, and remember to laugh out loud at least twice a day.