Thursday, September 29

Denise Curley

September 29th, 2005

I have returned from a very encouraging trip to Vanderbilt University Med Center in Nashville. I met with a doctor who specializes in lung and breast cancer. He has seen an increase of patients like me (non-smoking females with lung cancer) in his practice in past years and it comprises approximately 1/3 of his practice. He felt that the Chemotherapy and combined Radiation would be exactly what he would do at Vanderbilt and he thought they would be effective. He also said that if they were not effective, there were other options and he would help me hook up with those options if need be. He expressed great confidence in this first line of treatment and believed that I could be cured. Incidently, he does think that the lung is my primary site of cancer.

I am very encouraged by this visit and I feel very blessed to have so many wonderful doctors taking care of me. I am ready to get started with this process. I know it is my path. I know that much good will come of it.

I was very thankful to have my two siblings and my father with me. They were great support as is all of our family. We are very blessed to have so many people willing to help us out during this time. It means alot. We just can't express how comforting the prayers and well wishes have been. We definitely feel the love.

Most sincerely,

Denise

No comments: